June 24, 2010

At least it wasn't obscene...

Remember being an innocent, imaginative child sprawled out on the lawn looking skyward? It's a universal game; what does that cloud remind you of? A bunny, a squirrel, a face, a dragon or, if you were a particularly vibrant child, a laundry hamper filled with jelly beans on fire. Or was I the only one to notice that one?

I've recently returned from a glorious vacation and, as is my custom, I had my camera at the ready to snap away at the sky. Even in these cynical adult years, there's something still magical about being on the same level as clouds, gliding through their marshmallow bodies to find there's truly little substance to their composition. There aren't often many shapes that can be discerned from that height, but sometimes, I get lucky.

What do you see in this cloud?

If by some strange optical deficiency you fail to recognize the Jerry Garcia cloud giving a peace sign, please see your ophthalmologist...

3 comments:

  1. The cloud on the left looks like a dress worn by Scarlett O'Hara, but isn't the sky beautiful? I'm sure alien tourists would say the Earth sky was one of the wonders of the galaxy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sort of see a bunny rabbit ears, but I'm nicely brought up. Good to see you back, hope you had a great holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I do see the Jerry Garcia thing happening but I also see something else there as well. How about a Playboy Bunny. What does that say for my up bringing?
    I guess my children are rubbing off on me. ha ha ha...
    I am glad you are back safe and sound, well at least safe.

    ReplyDelete